Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my DS favorite cake. It was my grandmothers recipe.
Make and share this Ding Dong Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Cook milk and flour until thick and cool.
- Beat sugar and Crisco 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat 2 minutes more.
- Spread between cake layer (all of it).
- Then frost it with your favorite frosting and refrigerate for 2 hours.
A waste of ingrediants! Sorry but this is just not good!
I should have listened to the reviews but a friend had made a similar cake that was wonderful so I searched it out and wow was this bad. The cake was unflavored and heavy, the frosting just sweet with a strange mouth feel, like it left a film. We chucked this disaster in the trash.
The crisco makes a greasy tasting frosting.