Recipe by threeovens
This cocktail was created to represent the Diners, Winers, and Chives team for ZWT #8. It represents our team because it is fresh, trendy, sweet, spicy, and also health conscious. Yes, I said it. It's got fresh fruit, fresh herbs, raw honey, and fresh ginger. Do the research. And we stick together and don't do anything without Chives.
Top Review by Cadillacgirl
Made this for the Beverage Dartboard in ZWT 8 - I didn't mind this, but I must say, I subbed some mint for the basil and omitted the chives the second time (Hey, I'm a perfectionist... hic) and it was more up my alley. Used a red wine blend I had. Thanks!
- 2 -3 fresh basil leaves
- 1 slice fresh lemon (thin)
- 1 slice fresh lime (thin)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 1 dash Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 8 ounces dry white wine or 8 ounces dry red wine
- chives, for garnish
- fresh basil, for garnish (you'll enjoy the aroma as you sip this through a straw)