Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found a similar type recipe in quick cooking, but found out I don't like the store bought hollandaise or the asparagus listed in the recipe. So I came up with my own omelet. I use the mushrooms and add red bell pepper and onions for the veggies of choice, but feel free to add what your family enjoys. You could also add whatever other seasoning or herbs of choice.
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 8 bacon, strips diced
- 4 -8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 -8 ounces vegetables, of choice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 12 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh is best)
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- For the sauce:.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice and pepper in blender container and blend until lemon color.
- Turn blender to high and very slowly add butter, blend until thick, about 30 seconds.
- To serve, heat sauce slowly in top of double boiler over hot water. Once sauce is finished remove from double boiler to keep warm while omelets are finished.
- For the Omelet:.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. In the drippings, saute mushrooms and veggies of choice until tender; set aside.
- Coat a 10-in. skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat; add 3/4 cup beaten eggs (3 eggs) to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle a fourth of the mushrooms and veggies of choice, 1/4 cup cheese on one side and sprinkle with cheese; fold other side over filling. Invert omelet onto a plate to serve. Repeat for remaining omelets. Top with hollandaise sauce and bacon.
We had this for lunch today and it was enjoyed by all. Easy to make. We used mushrooms and fresh spinach with the mozzarella cheese. Topped with the Hollandaise Sauce. Very Flavorful. Made for ZWT8.
I don't think I can really give this an honest review as I got impatient with the sauce and turned the heat up too high... which of course cooked my eggs :( But just based on the omelet alone, it was fantastic! I used munster cheese since that was all I had on hand but it was still great. The mushrooms and bacon make a great combo. I will try the hollandaise again and re-review. Thanks! Made for PRMR.