1/1 Photo of Diner's Freezer Salsa
5 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
diann godbey's Note:
This is a salsa developed because I hate to can and my husband insists on planting at least 100 tomato plants each year. It lasts about a year in the freezer. Last year we ran out at Christmas. Update, I taught my husband how to make and can salsa so we are canning now, probably better. We also have added the limes and some habaneros to taste for the hotter salsa.
My Private Note
3-cup s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and chop tomatoes in a food processor (part until they are liquid and part bigger pieces).
- 2Chop cilantro ,onion ,garlic and add to tomatoes.
- 3Chop jalepenos with seeds and put in to 10 quart stock pot.
- 4Add cumin, salt and vinegar and stir all together.
- 5Bring to a boil and lower temperature to keep at a low boil for 2-3 hours.
- 6Boil down to about half to get rid of all the extra tomato water.
- 7I use 3 cup reusable plastic containers.
- 8Fill and leave 1/2 inch head space let cool to avoid condensation and ice on top of salsa.
- 9Place lids on and freeze.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diner's Freezer Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (10558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4741.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.6 g
- Sugars 47.1 g
- Protein 16.3 g