Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
The comforts of a diner meal in a wrap. The second to last ingredient should read 2 thin onion slices, but due to Zaar editing, it reads funny
- 2 medium new potatoes (about 4 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 slices onions (two thin onion slices, not two onions sliced)
- 8 -10 dill pickle slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Add potatoes with water to cover in a small pot; lightly salt the water; bring to a boil; boil 20-25 minutes until fork-tender; leave in water until ready to use.
- When potatoes are almost cooked, preheat large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- For the beef into 1 large patty and add to pan, searing on one side, about 1 minute.
- Scatter the mushrooms around the burger and cook, stirring frequently.
- Turn the burger after 3-5 minutes (it will continue cooking with the sauce, so undercook it a bit).
- Top burger with cheese; add the tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper to mushrooms; immediately reduce heat to medium; cover, and cook 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the cheese is melted.
- To assemble: Spread each warmed tortilla with 1 ½ teaspoons mustard (or to taste); layer each with a drained potato (smash with a fork right onto the tortilla), half the cheeseburger, half the sauce, and, if desired, extra onion and pickle, in a thick horizontal strip across the bottom third of the tortillas, making sure the ingredients don’t quite touch the edges.
- Fold in the two sides and roll the wrap away from you; serve immediately.