Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great recipe from Cooking Light! I love the fact that they are cooked in muffin tins - that way you can freeze easily the leftovers! And it looks cute on your plate!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs extra lean ground beef (raw)
- 1 cup finely crushed saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano, and minced garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Cool.
- Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and the remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer registers 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes.
I did change these up a bit, using 1/2 gr. turkey and 1/2 gr. turkey sausage (2lbs total), quick oats rather than saltines, extra garlic, because that's just me, and left out the black pepper because mom's not fond of it. The fact that it was gr. turkey made them stick VERY badly and cleanup was quit a pain, but that's all my fault, of course. I managed to make 12 reg. sized muffins and 12 baked meatballs to freeze from this, so yay! I'm all about oamc. And, the best part is, my meatloaf loathing mom said they were really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My son and dad of course, raved!
Very good, tasty and the perfect size. Served with roasted sweet potato and broccoli. Thanks Redsie.
These were really easy to make, and fun! I will be making these again. I did not use the cooking spray as I didn't see a reason for it. I froze what was leftover and am looking forward to eating them for dinner when I don't have time to cook! Thanks for the great recipe :)