Recipe by That is Dr House to you
From vegfamily.com originally. The tofu mix takes the place of the egg as binder. You may add more spices or onion and garlic to taste.
Top Review by Chef Joey Z.
I made these for Chanukah for our lunch. I added some zucchini and squash to mine besides the potatoes to give them some color. They were very good, but a bit bland. They stuck to my my baking tray. Next time I'll use a little spray oil to make sure this doesn't happen again. I think next time I'll use a bit more garlic and onion in them as well.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 226.79 g tofu, drained well
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 59.14 ml unbleached flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat 400F oven. Chop 1/2 potatoes coarsely.
- Place them, the tofu, onion and garlic into food processor. Process to Mixed well.
- Place in bowl. Shred the remaining potatoes, discarding liquid and add with remaining ingredients to tofu mix.
- Stir until well blended. 1/4 cup per pancake. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Flatten tops with turner. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with applesauce and soy sour cream.