Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
From vegfamily.com originally. The tofu mix takes the place of the egg as binder. You may add more spices or onion and garlic to taste.
- 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 226.79 g tofu, drained well
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 59.14 ml unbleached flour
- Preheat 400F oven. Chop 1/2 potatoes coarsely.
- Place them, the tofu, onion and garlic into food processor. Process to Mixed well.
- Place in bowl. Shred the remaining potatoes, discarding liquid and add with remaining ingredients to tofu mix.
- Stir until well blended. 1/4 cup per pancake. Spoon onto cookie sheet. Flatten tops with turner. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with applesauce and soy sour cream.
I made these for Chanukah for our lunch. I added some zucchini and squash to mine besides the potatoes to give them some color. They were very good, but a bit bland. They stuck to my my baking tray. Next time I'll use a little spray oil to make sure this doesn't happen again. I think next time I'll use a bit more garlic and onion in them as well.