Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Steamed or fried dumplings, served with soy sauce for dipping. These tasty little dumpling will delight all. Uncooked dim sims freeze well & can be steamed from frozen.
- 2 1⁄4 cups glutinous-rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup potato flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 500 g minced beef or 500 g minced chicken
- 500 g ground pork
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1 red chili, minced
- 1 green chili, minced
- 1 brown onion, minced
- 1⁄4 savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Make pastry first;.
- Mix flours, salt, sugar and add boiling water.
- Mix well, knead on floured bench.
- Rest before using.
- Make filling;.
- Mix meat, and seasonings by hand or pulse in a food processor. Do not over process.
- Add vegetables and mix by hand.
- Roll pastry until thin & cut into rounds; I use an egg-ring.
- Brush edge of rounds with eggwhite.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each round & shape around filling, moulding into an attractive ball-shape; a little filling should be exposed on the top.
- Steam for 15 minutes OR Deep fry 180 c for 5-10 minutes.