Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Dilmah tea recipe that I found attached to Woman's Day; is Woman's Day everyday food mini cookbook. When you think of this recipe, I would “suggest” you think more of it like an Italian biscotti biscuit to dunk in tea rather than a light, airy cupcake. If you would like to read the story why I made these: http://whatsonthelist.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/amore-almond-cupcakes-using-a-dilmah-recipe/ NOTE: —I filled the mini muffin trays 3/4 fill. —No need to press almonds down into mixture. Database would not accept the specific tea which is Dilmah Italian Almond Real Leaf, ingredient is listed as teabags.
- 3 tea bags
- 78.07 ml boiling water
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 158.51 ml caster sugar
- 414.03 ml self-raising flour
- 78.07 ml slivered almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- 2. In saucepan, add teabags to boiling water; allow to cool; remover teabags.
- 3. In a mixing bowl, combine tea water, butter, eggs, sugar and flour. With a mixer, beat for about 3 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- 4. Oil spray mini cupcake trays and sprinkle with almonds.
- 5. Bake 15 minutes or until firm in the centre. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. ENJOY! :).