Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is SOOO good! It's great on brats or hotdogs, works well with pork steaks and hamburgers too. You can can this, too for when all those lovely vidalia onions are gone. It can be served cold, hot or at room temperature.
- 6 large sweet onions, thinly sliced (about 3 1/2 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh dill or 4 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until tender. Add broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil, cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from the heat,; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve at room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.