1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful thick vegetarian pea soup for those who love the taste of dill. I found it in a book from The Heart Rock Cafe in Winnipeg called Straight from the Heart! Volume 1. I used green split peas, but you could probably use yellow instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups split peas, rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt (as desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup small shell pasta (shells, bows)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, snipped
- 1In a large saucepan, over high heat, bring stock to boil.
- 2Add onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, peas, parsley, salt (if using), and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until peas are tender.
- 3Remove 2 cups of soup. Process (in batches) in food processor/blender until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- 4Add pasta; simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Add fresh dill; simmer for two minutes. Adjust seasonings.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dilly Split Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.8 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: