Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is a wonderful thick vegetarian pea soup for those who love the taste of dill. I found it in a book from The Heart Rock Cafe in Winnipeg called Straight from the Heart! Volume 1. I used green split peas, but you could probably use yellow instead.
- 7 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups split peas, rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt (as desired)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup small shell pasta (shells, bows)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, snipped
- In a large saucepan, over high heat, bring stock to boil.
- Add onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, peas, parsley, salt (if using), and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until peas are tender.
- Remove 2 cups of soup. Process (in batches) in food processor/blender until smooth. Return to saucepan.
- Add pasta; simmer for 10 minutes or until pasta is just tender. Add fresh dill; simmer for two minutes. Adjust seasonings.
excellent soup made it many times!!!!!!