Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Serve these delicious and fresh smoked salmon potato appetizers at your next party. Only 5 ingredients and so easy to make. Also very delicious as a main course, just make 4 servings out of the recipe instead of 16 smaller portions!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, divided
- 6 ounces creme fraiche or 6 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Pat dry potatoes. In a large skillet heat 1/4 cup olive oil over medium heat. Add hash browns in an even layer and push down with spatula. Cook 8-10 minutes on first side. Flip hash browns and push down again to form even layer. Cook an additional 7-8 minutes on the second side till golden brown. Set aside.
- Finely mince most of the dill. Leave a couple sprigs out for garnish. Add minced dill to creme fraiche or sour cream until combined.
- To assemble: Divide hashbrowns into 16 even piles and top with thin piece of smoked salmon, 1 tablespoon dill creme fraiche and garnish with dill sprig.
- Makes 16 appetizer portions.
Absolutely perfect flavor combination!!!
I love smoked salmon and I'm sure this is delicious!