Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I like this recipe because it uses low fat ing. but really delivers on taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 teaspoons flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) cup salmon, drained and flaked
- 6 ounces cooked medium pasta shells
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray med.
- nonstick sauce pan with cooking spray.
- Heat over med.
- heat, add mushrooms,onion,and garlic.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Mix milk and flour in med.
- bowl till smooth.
- Stir in lemon peel, dill weed, salt and pepper.
- Stir into mushroom mixture.
- Heat for 6 min, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta, peas and salmon.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes.
This was very easy to make and tastes delicious!
My family didn't really like this recipe, although I did. My husband said he could never get past the "dilly" flavor. Leftover casserole seemed sort of dry the next day, but I think if I had added a little mayo or sour cream it would have worked out better.
I really liked this...the dill and lemon had a nice flavor,and it wasn't heavy.I figured it at 3 WW points per serving,for those on WW.The only thing that kept it from being 5 star was the rest of the family wasn't crazy for it.Maybe next time I will use tuna,instead of salmon..they said it was too 'fishy'.They also wanted cheese on it,which I guess you could do,but that would add more fat.