Prep 2 hrs
Cook 25 mins
I was looking for something different for Easter dinner one year and found these. They are so moist and are great w/ salads or as sandwich rolls!
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 -5 cups flour
- In sauce pan cook cottage cheese and butter till cheese is melted. Cool to 110degrees.
- In large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in water.
- Add eggs, sugar, onions, dill, salt, baking soda, and cottage cheese mixture.
- Add 3 c flour and beat till smooth.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn on floured board and knead till elastic. Put in greased bowl turning once to coat both sides of dough.
- Let rise till doubled.
- Punch down and form into rolls.
- Place in greased 9 by 13.
- Rise till doubled.
- Bake 350° 20-25 minutes.
- Brush tops w/ butter.
We loved these rolls! They baked up tall, tender, and tasty thanks to the inclusion of dill and onions. I expect to be making dilly rolls again and again ~ Thanks for sharing a great recipe!
These are just fab! Sooo soft and tender. The best rolls I have ever made! I found this recipe as well a couple of years ago. Delicious!