Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Potato salad with a twist - less mayo, more mustard. And not sweet - dill pickles take the place of traditional sweet pickles, And seasonings are savory and piquant to match the dill.
- 3 lbs potatoes (russet or yukon gold, boiled, peeled, and cubed)
- 2 -4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium dill pickles, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄3 cup pickle juice or 1⁄3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned pepper
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- seasoned pepper
- Place potatoes in large bowl while warm. Sprinkle with rice wine vinegar and toss. Add all other vegetables, pickles, and eggs.
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl. Whisk to mix thoroughly.
- Add dressing to vegetables and mix. Sprinkle top with paprika and seasoned pepper.
- Chill at lest 2 hours to allow flavors to blend.
I saw this as the Recipe of the Day on the 24th, and by 9:30 am it was in the refrigerator blending all its flavors! We were going to have grilled chicken for lunch, and I hadn't planned anything to go with it. Wow! This was terrific. I made the whole recipe for just the two of us. So after lunch, when we still had a pile of it left, we got the idea to take some to our neighbors who were expecting company for dinner. They just raved about it afterwards! It was perhaps the best potato salad any of us had even eaten! Yum. Sure started off our summer eating in a fine way! Thanks, dianegrapegrower!!
Wonderful! My pickle-loving family gobbled this up! We ususally make very savory- vinegary potato salads so I knew this one would please my crew. We also loved all of the crunchy celery!! We'll make this again! Thanks dianegrapegrower.
This is a little like one my Mum used to make. A nice addition is to add some finely chopped green apple and/or some deseeded cucumber. This was always a family favourite!