Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a yummy potato salad recipe with a surprise ingredient, dill relish!!
- 4 lbs red potatoes
- 5 hard-cooked eggs
- 1 cup dill relish
- 1⁄4 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch cubes and place in a very large kettle, then cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Chop four eggs; slice remaining egg for garnish. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, chopped eggs, relish and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, garnish with sliced egg. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Yes, it is from Taste of Home; and yes, it is fantastic!!!
I am very picky about my potato salad and I have been using this recipe for the past couple of years. I got it out of Taste of Home. And though I've tweeked it a little (use more mayo then what is called and add some pickle juice to it ) this recipe is the best! I use it for a change of pace from my tried and true family recipe. I just made it today and thought that I would post it for all to enjoy but you beat me to it!