Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Time is of the essence as is saving money. These garlicky, dilly mashed potato pancakes are a great way to put a twist on hash browns and create a whole new delicious dish! Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, these tasty morsels will be a hit all year long!
- 1 -2 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (non-dairy, if desired)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns (a very packed cup)
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt some butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 to 2 minutes, then cool.
- Mix together the garlic, cream cheese, dill, season with salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Use a wooden spoon to stir in the hash browns and then the flour, being careful not to over-mix (it will be very sticky). Let mixture rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Make small patties out of the mixture and set for frying.
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with oil and heat over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, add a few cakes into the oil, cooking the cakes in batches so that you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Once the cakes are put into the oil, use an oiled metal spatula to gently shape the cakes slightly. Cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping once. Once cooked, transfer the cakes to a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve hot, warm, or room temperature with sour cream (non-dairy, if desired) and enjoy!