Recipe by COOKGIRl
Compliments of The California Avocado Commission. Altered recipe. Girl you know it's true! Fresh dill, please!
- 3 large ripe avocados, any variety
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped, to taste (NOT dried)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 serrano chilies or 1⁄2 jalapeno, finely minced
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt, drained or 2⁄3 cup sour cream, I used a combination of sour cream and yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sprig dill, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut avocados in half, pit and scoop out meat.
- Place avocados in a non-reactive medium sized bowl and blend with a fork with other ingredients until mixed and smooth, breaking up any chunks. Adjust seasonings if necessary.
- NOTE: I reduced the amount of sour cream/yogurt from 1 cup to 2/3 cup from the original recipe. Adjust accordingly, depending on how large the avocados are.
- Cover the surface of the guacamole with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- TIP: for best results I prefer to make the guacamole about 1-2 hours before I serve it. The longer it sits in the refrigerator, the more chance of the guacamole turning brown.
- Garnish with dill sprig and serve.