Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cholesterol-free, low sodium, healthy green veggies.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g white balsamic vinegar or 226.79 g white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml minced fresh dill or 7.39-9.85 ml dried dill weed
- 453.59 g green beans, trimmed and rinsed
- slivered almonds, to garnish (to garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar and dill.
- Set aside.
- Steam the beans, or parboil them, only until they are crisp-tender, approximately three minutes, depending on size of beans.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add the beans to the dressing.
- Toss and stir to thoroughly coat the beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and then let the beans come to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate until needed.
What a nice, light, side veggie. I used frozen beans and cut the recipe in half, and it still turned out great.
These went very nicely with Erin's meatloaf for supper. thanks Miller for a good one! I used white wine vinegar and canned, rinsed and well drained, whole green beans, no fresh around right now.
I served this at my vegan dinner party, and it was a big hit. I used the white wine vinegar, and I may have used too much since it seemed very vinegary to me. But my guests commented that it went perfectly alongside "Taste of Morocco", another recipe I found here.