Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cholesterol-free, low sodium, healthy green veggies.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces white balsamic vinegar or 8 ounces white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and rinsed
- slivered almonds, to garnish (to garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar and dill.
- Set aside.
- Steam the beans, or parboil them, only until they are crisp-tender, approximately three minutes, depending on size of beans.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Add the beans to the dressing.
- Toss and stir to thoroughly coat the beans.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and then let the beans come to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate until needed.
What a nice, light, side veggie. I used frozen beans and cut the recipe in half, and it still turned out great.
These went very nicely with Erin's meatloaf for supper. thanks Miller for a good one! I used white wine vinegar and canned, rinsed and well drained, whole green beans, no fresh around right now.
I served this at my vegan dinner party, and it was a big hit. I used the white wine vinegar, and I may have used too much since it seemed very vinegary to me. But my guests commented that it went perfectly alongside "Taste of Morocco", another recipe I found here.