Recipe by Mom2girls
Since tomato season is coming up I thought you would enjoy a way to use fresh tomatos for brunch. I clipped this out of a magazine and thought it was delish.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 slices sourdough bread or 6 slices French bread, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 slices cheddar cheese, thin
- 6 slices tomatoes, thin
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh chives
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In pie plate combine eggs,sour cream,dill and mustard.
- Dip bread in egg mixture allowing to soak 15 seconds on each side.
- In skillet cook bread in butter over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn slice over and place cheese slice on top and cook until bottom is golden brown.
- To serve,top with tomato slice and chives.
- Season with salt& pepper.