Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
We're always looking for a better sandwich. When I found this in an issue of Quick Cooking, we knew we had a winner.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened,divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed, divided
- 8 slices French bread (1/2 in thick)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Pound chicken to flatten.
- In 12 in skillet melt 3 T butter, add garlic and 1/2 t dill.
- Add chicken, cook until done.
- Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter.
- Fry bread in fresh skillet until golden brown on both sides.
- Mix cream cheese, lemon juice and remaining dill; spread on one side of bread.
- Place lettuce, chicken, and tomato on top.
- Top with remaining slices.
These were great! Thanks for a great sandwich, its different from the usual.
my husband says this is his new favorite!!!!!!!
Very delicious sandwich! We use really good bread or buns and skip the grilling step.