Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These yummy finger-food appetizers make a great late night snack or fun dinnertime accompaniment.
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Remove crusts from bread.
- Reserve crust for another purpose.
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, stir butter and cheese over low heat until melted.
- Stir in dill weed, worcestershire and onion.
- Beat in eggs.
- Remove from heat.
- Using a fork, dip each bread cube into hot cheese mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Shake off excess sauce.
- Arrange coated cubes on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Refrigerate 1-2 days or freeze immediately.
- To serve, preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake refrigerated cubes 10 minutes, frozen cubes 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Easy, quick enough on short notice of need for entertaining. A good idea even for a meeting party at one of the many community serrvice groups I constanly take an active part in. Linda
Last time I made these they turned out great but this time the cheese & butter separated and it totally failed. Im guessing Sharp Cheddar may be the culprit?