Recipe by mandabears
Very typical 1970's recipe that I used to make. I made it again last week and it really tasted good!! Prep time includes rising time
- 2 packages dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add eggs beating until well blended.
- Add dry cake mix, grape nuts, swiss cheese, parmesan and dill seed.
- Beat well.
- Gradually add flour until well blended.
- Divide batter between 2 well greased 8x4x2 inch loaf pans.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-1 1/4 hours or until nearly double in size.
- Bake@ 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped.
- Cover bread with aluminum foil for the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
- Loosen edges of bread with a spatula and remove to wire rack.