- 1 lb carrot
- 1⁄2 small onion, halved
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 1 1⁄4 cups vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut carrots into lengthwise slices that will fit a pint size jar.
- Pack into two pint sized jars. In each jar, also place a piece of onion, a garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of salt, 1/2 tablespoon of dill weed, 1/2 tablespoon dill seed, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Bring vinegar and water to a boil.
- Pour over carrots leaving a 1/2" headspace. Check for air bubbles. Process jars in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.
- Adjust time according to your altitude.