Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple appetizer or side dish, served cold.
- 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon whole dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed pickling spices
- 1 dash salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package baby carrots, scraped
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Add carrots; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat, and chill.
- Serve with a slotted spoon. Garnish with dill sprigs, if desired.
This is a very good and very interesting recipe! I've eaten dilled carrots before but this one is a bit different - I could taste the sweetness of the honey but with an overtone of dill. I chilled mine for about 5 hours before serving. Thanks!