Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This recipe may sound weird, but it's really pretty good. We tried it the first time just because to DID look different, but we really liked it!
- 3 -4 lbs boneless chuck roast, trimmed of most excess fat,and cut in 2 to 3 pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) jarwhole dill pickles, undrained
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut in 8 wedges
- 8 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hamburger buns or kaiser roll, warmed or toasted
- thinly sliced red onion, and
- cold hamburger, dill pickle chips as accompaniment
Other condiments such as
- barbecue sauce
- mayonnaise, as desired
- Rub roast with black pepper, and place in a slow cooker.
- Add whole pickles and brine, onion wedges, garlic cloves, and Worcestershire all remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Cover, and cook over low heat for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, and strain out and discard solids, reserving the liquid.
- After meat has cooled enough to handle, shred the meat, removing any excess fat.
- Return to sauce in crckpot, and heat through.
- Using a slotted spoon, fill each bun with about 1/2 cup of the meat mixture.
- Top with a slice of onion.
- Serve with pickles and other condiments as desired.
- These sandwiches really dont need much in the way of condiments, but a bite of cold dill pickle with each bite of sandwich really tastes good.