- 2 lbs green beans
- 1⁄4 cup canning salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, divided
- 4 heads dill, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim ends off beans.
- Combine salt, vinegar and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Pack beans lengthwise into 4 hot pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 clove garlic, and 1 head of dill to each jar.
- Ladle hot liquid over beans, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Remove air bubbles and adjust two-piece caps.
- Process pints in boiling water canner for 10 minutes.