Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 lbs green beans
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 4 cloves garlic, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill, divided
- 4 sprigs fresh dill, divided
- 16 peppercorns, divided
- 4 bay leaves, divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, divided
- cuts ends off of beans and wash thoroughly.
- if beans are small, leave whole otherwise cut into 1 inch lengths.
- bring water, vinegar, and salt to a boil, then add beans and cook 2 minutes.
- remove beans to a paper towel lined cookie sheet.
- save cooking liquid.
- add 1/4 of the spices to each hot jar.
- if whole, stand beans in jars and fill to within 1/2 inch of the rim with cooking liquid.
- apply sterilized lids and process in water bath for 10 minutes.