Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
It sometimes seems that everything in Swedish cooking is flavored with dill. While that's not quite true, here is another wonderful example that uses it. Serve this sauce with boiled veal or lamb, over small boiled potatoes, or with fish.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml chicken stock (or other stock that suits the rest of your meal)
- 29.58 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 22.18 ml vinegar
- 7.39 ml sugar
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- In a small saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour and stir until well blended.
- Add stock gradually while whisking constantly, then cook over meduim low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the dill, sugar, and vinegar.
- Remove from heat and stir in the egg yolk.
- Season to taste and serve immediately.
Served alongside smoked salmon, trout and herring. Very nice!
This sauce would be fantastic on salmon. I tried it on potatoes but I kept thinking fish for some reason! Don't get me wrong - it was great on potatoes too! I made this as listed, using chicken stock. Made for Photo Tag game. Thanks IngridH! :)