Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love jicama dipped in creamy vegetable dip, and thought Why Not just make the crispy jicama part of the creamy dip? It is So Good this way and couldn't be easier. Serve the dip with fresh veggie spears or spread on crackers. Oh Yum!
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup jicama, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion top, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, from jar, drained
- Blend together sour cream, mayonnaise, and creme fraiche.
- Stir in seasonings, jicama, green onions, and pimento.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1-2 hours to blend flavors.
WHAT A GREAT & VERSATILE DIP THIS IS! I like jicama almost any way you can serve it up, & this dip is no exception ~ IT'S WONDERFUL! I pretty much made the recipe as indicated, & the 2 of us enjoyed it as a dip for large prawns as well as chicken strips! It's great as a spread for a slice of toasted, hearty-&-nutty whole wheat bread, too! A GREAT RECIPE KEEPER! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
Very rich, creamy and fattening. Good and creamy. I would have liked more pimento, jicama, and scallions to the amount of creams. Crab meat would have been a perfect addition to this.There was enough cream to coat crab or shredded chicken or pork. Even adding some chopped spinach would make the calories from fat go further. Thanks.
I took this to a friends house several days ago, and it was a big hit. It was creamy, and crunchy. We toasted some french bread and pitas and used that for the dip, although when the carrot and celery sticks were put out we found the dip went well with that as well.