Prep 3 mins
Cook 16 mins
Although slightly tweaked now, the original of this recipe was found in the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Dinner on a Dime.
- 3 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Place zucchini in a large skillet & cover with water, then bring to a boil over medium heat, cooking 12-14 minutes or until tender.
- Drain & brush with butter, before sprinkling with dill & lemon pepper.
I made as posted except for the last 3 minute, when I threw them on the grill to give them some color. At which time I brushed them with the butter mixture. We loved the flavor, but we weren't impressed with the mushiness of the zucchini. I guess we like ours with a bite to them, or what is called al dente. Thanks for letting us try your recipe. :)
Very nice side. So quick, easy and goes great with grilled meats. Instead of boiling the zucchini I Grilled it and the brushed with butter and sprinkled with dill weed and lemon pepper. Am sure to make again as zucchini season is just getting started. Thanks for the post.
This was good. Next time I will grill them for added flavor. It is very plain and simple. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)