Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice side. Easy to make, tasty, and not very time-consuming. Popular in the czech/slovak area of Eastern Europe.
- 6 small zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (plain yoghurt may be subbed)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- Cook and stir zucchini, onion and garlic in oil in skillet over medium heat until zucchini is light brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; remove from heat. Mix sour cream and dill; stir into zucchini mixture, until heated through.
- This is as good at room temperature as it is hot.
Nice, easy way to serve tasty zucchini.
This is a great little recipe. It comes together quickly, has a lovely flavour and can be eaten as a side to many different dishes. What more could you ask for?! :) I scaled this down to use only 1 zucchini and added it to a salad. I reserved the yogurt to add it just before serving, so it is not in the picture. It was a great addition, though.
Ill certainly make this again. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with us, evelyn!
Made and reviewed for the down on the farm event in the Photo Forum and the zucchini tag game in the Spain/Portugal Forum May 2012.
WOW!! So simple and so easy and incredibly delicious! I followed Mirj's suggestion and used tomato sauce since we also do not mix meat and dairy. I was making tacos (Yumpin' Yiminy Burgers Yumpin' Yiminy Burgers) that night for the kids and my DH and I just mixed the dilled zucchini with the beef. Low carb and healthy!