Recipe by morgainegeiser
In Eastern Europe beans have many uses, this is an easy salad, can be refrigerated up to two days in advance and put together quickly for a simple light entree.
Top Review by Annacia
What a wonderfully fresh tasting (and healthy) dish. I replaced the dill with Italian herbs as I'm not a dill fan and skipped the water because I thought it would dilute the dressing too much.. I was delighted with my lunch. It's so pretty too, it just looks like summer. I can't wait to have this on the deck with a tall iced tea in the sun :D.
- 1 (19 ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained (cannellini)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons very finely minced onions
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients, except tomatoes. Mix well, cover and chill several hours or up to two days.
- Refrigerate tomatoes.
- To serve, cut each tomato into six wedges, leaving the base intact. Divide bean sald evenly and pile into tomatoes.
- Serve right away.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.