Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Dill gives such good flavor, while the sour cream makes it almost fluffy.
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise, as needed
- Cook potatoes in a large pot of salted boiling water until they can be pierced with a thin paring knife.
- Drain well, return to pot and let cool to room temperature.
- Peel the cooled potatoes and slice 1/4 inch thick into a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with cider vinegar and season w/ salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Toss potatoes with celery, dill, green onions and mustard.
- Fold in the sour cream and add enough mayonnaise to bind the salad together.
- If you prepare ahead of time, the potatoes may absorb some of the moisture. More mayo may need to be added just before serving.
The sour cream and mayo dressing is very nice. And anything with dill is a hit here.