Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A variation on rice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups spinach leaves, rinsed
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in large skillet or electric skillet.
- Add garlic and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Remove and chop. Return to pan.
- Add rice and stir.
- Add 2 cups of hot water and salt.
- Bring to a boil over hight heat; cover, lower heat, and simmer until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in milk, dill, lemon juice and pepper.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.