Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 41 mins
Cook 30 mins
Impressive, easily doubled. Quite easy to make.
Make and share this Dilled Salmon Wellington recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots, cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add wine and salt.
- Increase heat to medium -high and stir often until wine evaporates, 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in dill.
- Melt remaining 4 tbsp butter in microwave or small saucepan.
- Place a sheet of phyllo on counter. Keep the rest of the phyllo covered with a damp towel.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush with melted butter.
- Top with second sheet of phyllo.
- Form salmon into a rectangle by tucking in or rolling under thin end of fillet.
- Place salmon fillet in centre of phyllo so long sides of salmon are parallel to long sides of phyllo.
- Spread with 1/4 of dill mixture on top and sides of salmon, then gently press into salmon.
- Bring long sides of phyllo together over top of salmon.
- Fold together accordion-like until they tightly wrap around salmon.
- You should now have a long thin rectangle.
- Gently bring up both ends to middle of covered salmon and scrunch together so pastry flares out into a ruffle, forming a flower.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush phyllo with melted butter.
- Repeat process with remaining salmon, dill & phyllo.
- May be refrigerated at this point up to 4 hours.
- Bake in 400°F oven until golden about 15 minutes.
- Use a wide metal spatula to remove from baking sheet.