Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Sweet, tangy & refreshing, this makes a great picnic dish or after-workout dinner. Because I usually have everything else on hand, this is a great way to use leftover salmon. This is an easy-going recipe; feel free to experiment with different amounts or ingredients. I'm adding tips to help shoppers new to gluten-free cooking.
- 6 ounces gluten-free pasta, shaped (or regular if GF doesn't matter to you. For gluten-free, try Ancient Harvest Quinoa Wheat Free or Bi)
- 1⁄2 cup frozen bell peppers, strips
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 ounces cooked salmon ("flavorings" are sometimes not GF)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar (malt vinegar is not GF)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, put frozen bell pepper & peas into a medium serving bowl. Cover in hot tap water and mix gently to begin thawing. (If serving immediately, thaw more thoroughly.) Drain well.
- Add salmon to drained veggies.
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, vinegar and dill.
- Rinse pasta under cold water. Drain.
- Add pasta and sauce to veggies and salmon. Mix well.
- Refrigerate an hour or more to let the flavors meld, or just enjoy it right away (if the veggies aren't still frozen.).
- Stir before serving.