Recipe by tamarinda
You can use leftover salmon instead of canned salmon as well. Originally posted to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KitchenAppliancesAndRecipes/
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canned salmon
- 2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 10 large manicotti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and flake salmon; reserve liquid.
- In bowl,combine salmon, cottage cheese, eggs, onions, parsley and dill weed.
- Gently stuff manicotti with salmon mixture. Set aside.
- Melt butter; stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk to reserved salmon liquid to equal 1 1/2 cups.
- Cook until thickened.
- Stir in 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Pour half in 3 quart baking dish.
- Arrange filled shells over sauce.
- Top with remaining sauce and rest of cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes or until browned.