Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Buy really good salmon, as you won't be cooking it. Tastes a bit like gravalax. This is from Bon Apetit. This is really elegant for a dinner party, or you could use it for a light lunch. I love salmon tartare and could it it with a spoon!
- 1⁄4 cup honey mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb frozen salmon fillet, thawed, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- whole grain bread
- Mix mustard and mayonnaise in small bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD Can be made 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.
- Mix salmon and next 8 ingredients in medium bowl. Cover and chill until cold, at least 30 minutes. DO AHEAD Can be made 4 hours ahead. Keep refrigerated.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mustard mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Cut each bread slice into 6 pieces. Divide salmon tartare mixture among bread slices. Transfer to platter and serve.