Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I found this recipe in the Plain Dealer Sunday Magazine section. We tried it and liked it. It is a little different than normal potato salad. I personally will use less mayonnaise next time because I like my potato salad drier. Cooking time reflects time in refrigerator
- 1 1⁄4 lbs red potatoes
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1⁄4 cup bottled vinaigrette dressing (don't use balsamic)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh dill weed or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Boil whole unskinned potatoes until tender.
- Remove the potatoes from heat and dice them roughly.
- Coat the potatoes with the vinaigrette dressing and let the potatoes cool.
- Mix potatoes gently with all other ingredients.
- Refrigerate for serveral hours before serving.
Really delicious! I make my red potato salad almost exactly the same way, but I also add crumbled bacon for extra flavor and some chopped celery for added crunch.
I made this for dinner tonight. I used Wish Bone Greek Vinaigrette, Hellman's Light mayo, and Dill Pickle Relish from the farmer's market. I also substituted sweet onion for the red because that is what I had on hand. I will make it the same way next time, as everyone gave it 5 stars! That is rare in our house, especially with potato salad. After dinner I immediately saved this to my cookbook. I didn't want to take any chances of not being able to find this recipe again. Served with grilled chicken.
Enjoyed the mixture of flavors. Had a hard time using 1 cup of mayo for four servings, so I cut it to about 1/2 cup and it wasn't a problem.