Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great summer side dish for a cookout. Chornichons are crisp pickles made from small gherkin cucumbers, If you cannot find them choose a favorite pickle or double the capers
- 1 lb new potato
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream or 1⁄3 cup creme fraiche
- 6 cornichons, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- Cover potatoes with cold water in pot, and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt, reduce heat to medium, and cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream, cornichons, dill and capers in a bowl.
- Drain potatoes, slice in half and return to pot. Warm over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes, to dry out slightly.
- Toss potatoes and cucumber with sour cream mixture. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
This recipe was in Vegetarian Times. I love dill and capers so gave it a try using creme fraiche. Loved it! Served it with Roasted Salmon at room temperature for a delicious warm summer evening meal.