Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from cooks.com Less mayo than most.
- 2 large red potatoes, scrubbed but not peeled
- 3 scallions, trimmed
- 1⁄2 lb crab or 2 (150 g) cans crabmeat
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- sour cream (garnish)
- .Simmer potatoes in water to cover for 10 minute.
- Drain and peel.
- Grate potatoes coarsely into mixing bowl.
- Cut scallions and add to potatoes.
- If using canned crab squeeze out juices.
- Add crab, dill, and celery seeds and cayenne.
- Toss together with fork.
- Add egg and mayo and mix well
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the butter and oil until sizzling.
- Form mixture into patties dip in flour and fry 3-5 min on each side.
- Heat the other half butter and oil.
- Fry the last half of the cakes.
- Serve with sour cream.