1/1 Photo of Dilled Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
6 hrs 15 mins
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crockery cooker.
- 2In a large skillet brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- 3Transfer to cooker.
- 4Add the water to cooker.
- 5Sprinkle roast with 2 teaspoons of the fresh dillweed or 3/4 teaspoon of the dried dillweed, salt, and pepper.
- 6Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours, until meat is tender.
- 7Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices; cover roast and keep warm.
- 8Pour cooking juices into a glass measuring cup; skim off fat.
- 9Measure 1 cup of the reserved juices.
- 10For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together yogurt and flour until well combined.
- 11Stir in the 1 cup reserved cooking juices and remaining dillweed.
- 12Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 13Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- 14Serve meat with sauce and noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dilled Pot Roast (Crock Pot)
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.0
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 125.6 mg
- Sodium 427.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 36.4 g