Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
Top Review by PaulaG
I love cooking roasts in the crock pot. This was wonderful. I did add in some baby cut carrots and a sliced onion. When I measured the drippings there was exactly 1 cup. I used a brown rice thicker which was added to the liquid first and allowed to thicken. The heat was turned off and Greek yogurt was gently stirred in. It made a very nice sauce for the beef and gluten free pasta. The carrots and onion were served on the side along with Recipe #132757. Made for Aussie Swap.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups hot cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3 1/2 to 4 quart crockery cooker.
- In a large skillet brown roast on all sides in hot oil.
- Transfer to cooker.
- Add the water to cooker.
- Sprinkle roast with 2 teaspoons of the fresh dillweed or 3/4 teaspoon of the dried dillweed, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours, until meat is tender.
- Transfer roast to a serving platter, reserving juices; cover roast and keep warm.
- Pour cooking juices into a glass measuring cup; skim off fat.
- Measure 1 cup of the reserved juices.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan stir together yogurt and flour until well combined.
- Stir in the 1 cup reserved cooking juices and remaining dillweed.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Serve meat with sauce and noodles.