Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious, fine with family lunch or supper or a winning first course when there's company for dinner.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 3 cups chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Sauté onion in a medium saucepan over medium heat 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the mushrooms through dill.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes on medium-low heat.
- Add the bouillon and heat through.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve in soup cups each topped with 2 Tbs sour cream.
Fantastic soup! Love the flavor. I used several different mushrooms including cremini, shiitake, porcini, and white button varieties. I used freeze dried dill and dry red wine. I also added a 1/2 cup of barley. Thanks for posting!! Yum. :)
SO delicious for so quick a recipe! I am so used to cooking mushrooms with herbs other than dill - thyme, oregano, marjoram… - that I was really interested to try this recipe. The only changes I made were to add 4 cloves of chopped garlic, and to add the dill at the end, most mixed into the soup and a little sprinkled on top of the sour cream. Thank you, echo echo, for a fabulously flavoursome new mushroom soup recipe that, being so quick to make, will now be made often by THIS mushroom-lover!
This is my DH's favorite soup now! I cut the ingredients in half since there are only the two of us. I added 1/2 tsp. crushed garlic when I sauteed the onion. I also added 2 - 3 T. barley in step 2 and it was wonderful! Thanks for posting! — Mar 28, 2005