Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr
a different appetizer that is sure to impress or over egg noodles as a main dish
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup oats, uncooked
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup sour cream
- in large bowl mix beef, oats, egg, salt and pepepr and 1/2 t dill weed.
- form meat into small bite size balls about 1 inch.
- in large skillet over med high heat in hot oil cook meatballs on all sides a few at a time until browned well.
- remove with a slotted spoon and drain remove oil from skillet.
- put meatballs back into skillet stir in water and bouillon heat to boiling.
- reduce heat to low cover the skillet and simmer 15 minutes stir the liquid often.
- stir in sour cream and 2 t dill weed to the skillet and heat through but don't boil.
- serve immediately.