Recipe by gailanng
I just recently discovered how good dill is in mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Mom2Rose
Aussie Swap#74: Dill-icious!! We served these with our St Pattys day feast and they were devoured! I love dill and it was the perfect amount of seasoning and a great compliment to these mashed potatoes!
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and chunked
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons salted butter (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- sea salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan with kosher salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until tender. Rinse pot and potatoes in hot water and place back onto warm stove to dry up water.
- Meanwhile, warm the butter and milk in a second saucepan.
- Mash potatoes with the sour cream and dill, slowly stirring in the warm milk mixture as needed. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper and serve immediately.