1/1 Photo of Dilled Green Tomato Relish
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was actually a mistake and one that my family loved. We used this many years ago when we needed a relsih for hot dogs. This recipe is different than most green tomato relishes as it is not sweet. I am posting this in response to a request.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut off steam end of green tomatoes.
- 2Coarsely chop green tomatoes, celery and bell peppers in food processor.
- 3Combine the water vinegar and pickling salt and bring to a boil, add the chopped vegetables and return just to a boil.
- 4Drain, reserving the liquid and loosely pack vegetables to 6 pint jars.
- 5To each jar add 1 clove of garlic and 1 teaspoon dill seed.
- 6Return the reserved liquid to a boil and pour over vegetables to within 1/2 inch of top of jar; remove any air bubbles with clean knife.
- 7Put on cap, screw band firmly tight.
- 8Process in a water bath canner as recommended for your altitude.
- 9Check lids to make sure of good seal.
- 10Allow relish to sit for 4 weeks before using.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dilled Green Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (5439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.9
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18934.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 4.7 g