- 1 lb fresh green beans, washed, trimmed and broken in 2-inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the water and chicken bouillon in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add green beans, bring quickly to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain beans and rinse quickly with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Add olive oil to pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Add the sliced onion and cook until limp.
- Add mushrooms, balsamic vinegar and dill weed; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mushrooms are lightly cooked.
- Return beans to mixture, stir and cook only until thoroughly heated.
- Serve immediately.