Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Perfect for potlucks, and picnics. Wonderful on a hot summer day. Everyone enjoys this cool salad. Got it from a Pillsbury book.
- 4 medium tomatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- In a large glass bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber and onion.
- In a small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; blend well. Pour vinegar mixture over vegetables; toss to mix.
- Cover; refridgerate 1 hour to blend flavors. Toss again just before serving. Serve with slotted spoon.
This is a wonderful crunchy side salad, it went perfectly with our steak dinner. Loved the dill, had to use dried and had to use yellow onion as that is what I had available. I scaled it down to 1 large tomato, it was very delicious!! Thanks for posting , I will be making this again.